Friday, September 23, 2016

Mario Easter Eggs




Image result for images of mario collage
Hello guys, Princess Peach here!! Today we are going to be talking about one of my favorite things ever!! Easter eggs in video games. Before I begin I'm assuming you already know what Easter eggs are so let's get cracking! You see what I did there cracking. Wasn't that an eggcellent joke? Aren't we off to an eggtraordinary start. Alright, I need to stop, I'm starting to get annoyegg. Ok, that one didn't even make sense, let's get started!


Image result for images of paper mario dragon

    The first Easter egg I will be talking about is from Paper Mario in the paper dragon boss fight. The dragon eventually starts speaking gibberish. However, if you pay attention to some of the things he says you will notice somethings he says are Zelda references from Zelda II: The Adventures of Link.
Image result for images of samus mario
   The next Easter egg is one of my favorites. From an older Mario game, Legend Of the Seven Stars,  you can see my good friend Samus from the series Metroid resting in the guest bedroom of Mushroom Kingdom. When you try to go in the guest room Toad will give you a warning to be very quiet because they have a very special guest in that very room. Then he will allow you to go in the room. There you will see a blue bed and tucked safely inside is Samus.
Image result for images of yoshi on the roof
    The next and final Easter egg I will be talking about is perhaps one of the most popular Easter eggs in the Mario fandom and that is, meeting Yoshi on a roof after collecting all 120 stars at the end of Super Mario 64. Now you may be asking, how do I get up there? Well let me tell you my beloved viewer. Unlock a cannon and jump inside, simple as that! It will then shoot you on top of the very roof Yoshi is on. However, it's not just Yoshi you find up there, it's what Yoshi says that players really love. Yoshi explains to you that he has a message for you. The message is from the Nintendo creators themselves praising you for beating the game!
   I hope you enjoyed my article on Mario Easter eggs! This is Princess Peach signing off!
                                                                   
 Image Links: www.hngn.comrantgamer.commariowiki.com, toy-tma.com








   

No comments:

Post a Comment