Friday, January 20, 2017

Reviewing Super Mario Run

Image result for images of super mario run

    Hello everyone its Princess Peach, and before I get started would you like to hear a Mario pun? Of course you would! What did Mario do to talk to the boos? A Luigi board! Get it? Like a Ouija board... Ill go home. Anyway,  fun fact, my very first Nintenbros post was about Super Mario Run, way before it came out. Back when Nintendo fans were hopefully anticipating even the shortest clip of Super Mario Run game-play, when, in reality, it was probably still being worked on and tested out. You know, back IN SUMMER! No? Just me. Well anyway, the game has been out for a couple months and I just recently downloaded it. I decided to do a review ( all personal opinions of course ) of the game overall. Okay, without further ado lest jump into the post!

Gameplay: Okay, so, obviously the main thing to review about a game, is the game-play. The actual game-play is very entertaining and could probably keep you entertained for a decent amount of time, which, is saying a lot for an app game. The controls of the game are medium in difficulty, I only say this because it takes some getting used to. You press down on the screen for a certain amount of time to jump a certain height, which doesn't really sound that difficult but when your trying to collect a purple coin, jump off of walls, get as many coins as possible, try not to die and get through the level quickly its one of the last things on your mind. There you are trying to jump really quickly to get one of the purple coins and most of the time holding down the screen is the last thing on your mind. Mario never stops running either, which is one of the things that makes the game challenging and fun, but, it also makes it harder to collect things. However, I'm not really complaining about that because its what makes the game Super Mario RUN.


Related imageAppearance: The overall appearance of this game is quite breathtaking in my opinion. Keep in mind this is an app game and there isn't a lot of variety as far as good graphic app games goes. Sure it looks like any other modern day Mario game, but those graphics for an app game is really good!

Objective & Backstory: The objective and backstory of the game is pretty basic. In fact its not an abstract or even slightly changed backstory at all! You guessed it! Princess Peach has yet again been kidnapped by Bowser and, you guessed it again, Mario ( your playable character ) has to rescue the damsel in distress once more. They spent a grand total of, what seemed like, forty-five seconds of time on the backstory, and while I'm fully aware that Mario isn't usually a game known for dramatic backstories, Princess Peach literally sent a letter to Mario asking him to come to a party at the castle ( and that she was baking a cake ). Bowser got word of said party and stole Princess Peach before she could throw the party and the Toads got scared and fled Mushroom kingdom... Blah, Blah, Blah, same old, same old.

Price: Now I know what your thinking, Dude, this game is like totally free. To which I say, you are correct my fellow citizen. Except when you get to a certain point you have to pay to unlock more levels. Really the game isn't free, sure you get a few rounds, but you can't beat the game without buying more levels.

   My final review is that I think its worth, at least, trying. I like the game a lot but I don't really want to purchase more levels and I know a lot of you guys don't want to purchase anything especially because Nintendo said that Super Mario Run would be FREE! They had to make money with the app somehow so, in a way, I understand why Nintendo did it, but hey, a little warning would be nice.
   That was my review on Super Mario Run. I hope it helped you decide if you wanted to get the game, or you agreed with some of the reviews I gave it. This is Princess Peach signing off!

Image Links:


     

2 comments:

  1. It's like you took the words straight out of my head, Princess Peach! I like it, just not $10 like it. ;) There are too many free games I can get on my phone instead.

    ReplyDelete